We're getting social this March at SIMS. We have the people from Suffolk Business Stars and #Suffolkhour to tell us about two of the more popular social networking events/groups in local Suffolk.
Why is this meet-up for you business?
- Use social media to your advantage.
- Build relationships with other businesses.
- Creating groups and building contacts
Our first speaker is Gemma Thompson from Suffolk Business Stars. Come to SIMS this month to learn more about the people behind one of suffolk's largest online groups. If you’re thinking of starting your own online community then this talk will be a good place to start.
This talk will cover
- How Suffolk Business Stars began
- How are they useful
- Setting up your own online group
- Managing online groups
Our second speakers for night is the #Suffolkhour Twitter crew, Josh Seager, Caroline Shields, Kate Kelly and Arron Weightcoming to talk to us about their journey so far. #Suffolkhour is a weekly "tweet-up" taking place on Twitter every wednesday night that allows local businesses owner to network in a virtual environment from the comfort of their own home.
The #Suffolkhour crew will talk us through:
- An introduction to the #suffolkhour team, find out about the team behind the hashtag, plus what else they do.
- Talk about how #suffolkhour started and what #suffolkhour is.
- How online communities can help build relationships and communities.
- Helping non Twitter users understand why it can be helpful in business.
- Hear about some of the #suffolkhour regulars.
- Find out where #suffolkhour will go next.
Join our meetup!
If you have any questions, get in touch with Sam on 0776 585 2887.
See you soon.